Sider

tirsdag 14. september 2010

Say "no" to yourself.

According to this article, Facebook users score lower on tests than non-Facebook users. This article made me think, because I use Facebook every single day, and often at the same time as I’m doing homework. And honestly, Facebook and homework does not go well together. Neither does msn/Skype and homework. Which are programs I use all the time!
I know it takes me almost an hour extra to do my homework if I’m logged on to Facebook, Skype ect. But that it effects my grades and the result of my homework? Never thought of that… So what to do to avoid dropping grades?

You could disconnect your computer from the network, and that way force yourself out of distraction. But what if you need internet to do your homework? That’s trickier, because even though you decide not to log on to Facebook, you probably will be tempted to log on. But my advice is to just decide to focus on homework, force yourself to avoid Facebook, msn, Skype ect.
Be strong and don't let social communities decide your grades.

It's better to reward yourself after the homework is done with some socialization on Facebook.

Link bilde

1 kommentar:

  1. That is great advice! I hope you are able to think about this every time you study for a test or the exam. If you focus on the task for an hour or two you can reward yourself with Facebook and Skype after the work is done!

    SvarSlett