Sider

torsdag 2. september 2010

Global Challenge



"What you think might be an important global challenge to work with in class?"

I got this question from my teacher. And I though a global challenge associated with what we are learning in our English class, would be the challenge to understand and respect people from other countries, cultures and believes. That's an important challenge in the world today and an important reason to the wars and conflicts in the world today. I believe if we learned more about each other, both objective (facts about religious beliefs and cultures) learning and subjective (peoples personal opinions) we would also understand better, and hopefully be more respectful. 
You might ask, how is this related to our class? Well, we are supposed to make friends in other countries. And it is easy to misunderstand each other, especially since our ways of expressing ourselves and our views on things might are a bit different. I often see that Norwegians write and speak English differently than others might, and that can cause misunderstandings. 

So that's what I think would might be a global challenge for us to work on. To understand others was of living. 

1 kommentar:

  1. I think it is a good idea Julie, something we can start working on at once!

    SvarSlett