Sider

torsdag 11. november 2010

equalities and differences

“Hassan and I fed from the same breasts. 
We took our first steps on the 
same lawn in the same yard. 
And, under the same roof, 
we spoke our first words.
 Mine was Baba. His was Amir. My name.

This is the paragraph I though was the best one. I think this paragraph illustrates the friendship between Hassan and Amir and shows how tight they are bonded. And I think that’s the main topic of the story, “friendship”.
I thought this small paragraph told so much about the whole story.
It gives a hint about how tight they actually are bonded, which we will learn later in the story. But it also illustrates their different views of their friendship, and it illustrates their roles in the story. Hassan, the naïve Hazara that never think badly about anyone, while Amir was a spoiled Pashtun with strong and clear meanings, but too much of a coward to express them. This paragraph could actually fit in most of the “themes” because it also shows the conflict between the two boys and the friendship. I think this is one of the strongest paragraphs in the book.
It gives us a hint about what the following pages will be about, and how the story will turn out. 

I can't remember hearing this "quote" in the movie, which is sad since it's so good. But on the other hand it does not really matter too much because this paragraph is shown through the story, since the paragraph tells the story, it's not very important to include in the movie where the story is told anyway.


Link bilde

1 kommentar:

  1. I imagine it would be hard to get that quote in the movie since this is something Amir states in the book, he doesn't acutlly say this to anyone. I guess we can conclude that the book will always capture more of the sentiments of the author then any movie can manage. But still the producer of the Kite Runner did a good job.

    SvarSlett